December 07, 2010

SS2011 Shopping List Item #2: Clothes with blotches of paint on them (updated)

Photo credit: Kris van Assche
Photo credit: Dries van Noten
Photo credit: Dries van Noten
2. Clothes with blotches of paint on them

I love painting and it's usually a nightmare when paints get onto my clothes, but my nightmare may turn into a dream come true, because apparently, clothes with paint on them are in for Spring/Summer 2011!

The blotches of paint make the otherwise black and white palette exciting and dynamic. I am especially loving the ambiguity they bring as I love clothes that make people go: is that DIY or what? Nothing says uninspired more than cookie-cutter - why else are we mixing and matching our looks every single day?

The paint trend has, in fact, been going on for some time already, one of the pioneers was Alexander McQueen. It looks like more and more designers have green-lighted the trend and are going full blown with it! I'm really tempted to wear all white and go sans apron next time I go art-jamming!

Photo credit: Alexander McQueen
And here's an editorial spread in Designaré Homme featuring this trend:

Photo credit: Design Scene
Missed item #1? Find out what it is here and stay tuned for more items in the coming weeks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...