March 17, 2011

Summer Shades: Grey Ant "Status" Sunglasses


From Usher to Rihanna to Pete Wentz to Beyonce, these gorgeous Grey Ant "Status" sunglasses have been burgeoning in the fashion scene for quite some time...


Aren't they just perfect for the Summer? What I love about them is the 80s vibe which is a continuation from the now ubiquitous Wayfarer. More importantly, they're bigger than the standard Wayfarers - ever since I bought mine from Ray-ban I've always thought they were a tad bit too small for my rather big face. Now "Status" totally kicks my Wayfarer's butt! The oversized look also reminds me a bit of Lanvin's aesthetics which definitely adds (a zillion) bonus points.
Photo credit: H&M
So here's the deal: the good news is that they're not super expensive, retailing at around US$250 (depending on where you go); but the bad news is they're sold out pretty much everywhere online (I've checked). There's another pair from Grey Ant that's along the similar vibe called the "Kennedy" though, which is now on sale at Tobi.


But I gotta say, "Status" looks better! Will be on the hunt for them in HK this week!

Photo credits: Grey Ant, Tobi
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...