January 27, 2011

Gossip Guys: The Kids Are Not All Right

Gossip Girl is hands-down one of my all time favorite shows. With the exception of Season 3, I pretty much enjoyed every single episode of the series. Of course, sometimes the story's whacky and the characters make really dumb life choices (Hello, Serena?), but I've never been let down by Eric Daman, wardrobe director of the show, when it comes to what everybody's favorite Upper East Siders are wearing.

Most of the spotlight shines on the Gossip Girls but what about the guys? From Chuck Bass's over-the-top formal wear to Dan Humphrey's Brooklyn hippiness, I can see lots of thoughts being put into what the guys are wearing on the show. So why not turn to them for some inspirations?

Let's take a look at what they're wearing in the latest episode:

Photo credit: The CW
Oh, Chuck Bass. Always looking so dapper and sophisticated. Even though his character never went to college (or barely made it to any class in high school), what he's wearing would give him all the street cred that's needed to be a successful businessman in New York.

Caramel pea coats have been ubiquitous over FW2010 - Zara had one really similar earlier but they're all sold out now. I was hesitant in getting it because, again, of my Asian skin tone complex - which pretty much precludes anything and everything caramel, camel or remotely brownish (with the exception of leather). But now that Chuck Bass is wearing one I'm beating myself over it. Ugh.

Photo credit: The CW
Dan Humphrey has come a long way! He's usually seen in t-shirts or plaid shirts but in this episode he had an interview to go to and I'm loving this number he's sporting: very sharp and business-appropriate. The pattern on the shirt is demure but still gives the otherwise boring suit-and-tie look the extra spice that I love. The camel leather messenger bag is also very collegiate - which is totally on trend now.

Wait, where's Nate Archibald? Find out what Nate was wearing after the jump!

Photo credit: The CW
Nate Archibald would look good in a potato sack. So it's a bit pointless to go to him for fashion directions because you would never be able to create the same effect. Then again, we can always try. Especially when it's not that difficult with this simple red plaid he was wearing in this episode. I have a red plaid shirt at home, too, but I would never look like that. So I'll just leave it at that.

I'll be blogging more about what the guys on Gossip Girl are wearing in the coming episodes, so stay tuned! xoxo
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...