January 09, 2011

Tom Ford SS2011 Lookbook




Miranda Priestly from the movie, The Devil Wears Prada, once said (in a sarcastic way), "Florals? For Spring? Groundbreaking."

That's what came to mind when I first saw Tom Ford's SS2011 collection. But in a good way. 

I must say floral patterns on formal wear is quite a breath of fresh air. I had hesitations at first because I was reminded of another movie quote, this time from Legally Blonde's Elle Woods, who's sure that "nobody looks good in paisley." But then on a second look, they do look quite interesting and fitting for Spring without overshadowing the classic Tom Ford chic and dandyness with all the busy prints. Having that said, I probably won't have the guts to wear them in public, especially in Hong Kong, where people already stare at you when you wear sunglasses. On a sunny day.

So I guess they'll just all go into my pretty-to-look-at-but-won't-ever-buy-or-wear" file. On that note, the visually stimulating tux seen in the last set has already been featured in the sizzling hot campaign for Tom Ford Eyewear SS2011.


If you're like Jane Bingum / Deb Dopkins from Drop Dead Diva, who thinks "florals make me dizzy", there are some pattern-free looks after the jump!








One more thing, remember my SS2011 Shopping List Item #1? This lookbook just confirms that we all need to get our hands on one. STAT.

Photo credits: Tom Ford via COOL e CHIC and DesignScene
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...