October 24, 2010

Boots for Dudes

In an effort to create that military-inspired look for this Winter, I've been on the look out for boots lately; and I must say unlike boots for the ladies, the perfect pair of boots for guys is extremely difficult to find (the same also goes for manbags). Either they're not tall enough to reach my calves or they're too rain boots-y. After some research, here are my favorite boots of the season:

Burberry Prorsum Shearling Lined Boots
Shearling is definitely one of the biggest trends for FW2010 - especially for Burberry. So it seems fitting to add shearling into the mix to create the hottest boots this season. The only thing pulling me back is the white shearling peeking out of the boots - from afar, they look as if the seamings of the boot itself bursted exposing the cotton inside. Love the calf-length though. If there's ever a standard for calf-length boots, this would be it.

Burberry Prorsum Distressed Leather Lace-up Boots
Slightly shorter than the one above but looking extra combat-ready in this delicious brown leather. It's like a pair of normal leather shoes given a leather tube on top. I actually bought something similar in suede from Zara earlier this year (see below). Coming to think of it, it would not be a bad idea to have the tube part detachable from the base! Then you get two pairs of shoes in one!

These are the Zara ones I got (Photo Credit: 00o00):


Bottega Veneta Double Buckle Boots
This is like the standard for combat boots out there. Very Dr. Martin and hard-looking. The buckles make the boots look extra macho and military, but they're a bit shorter than what I'm looking for and I'm not exactly sure if I want shiny leather all the way (vs distressed). Hmm...


Zara Combat Boots
You can always count on Zara to bring some cheaper-yet-similar option to the table. These look a bit like the Burberry ones and I like the studs at the top giving a more rustic feel to it. In fact, I saw these boots at Zara in September and I thought it'd be a tad bit too early to be shopping for boots already but guess what? They've been sold out for a month already. Lesson learned: there's never too early, only too late. Hong Kong has some fierce shopaholics. 


And my search continues...

Photo Credits: Burberry, Bottega Veneta, Zara
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...